Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Rita's

What it is: Rita's is an frozen custard and Italian ice shop located in Southern Durham near Southpoint Mall. They specialize in various flavors of Italian ice and frozen custard and their combination of the two which they call a Gelati. It is a chain shop with stores located in many places around the country.

What we like: It's a different dessert treat than the norm. Their Gelati is something unique that I've never seen or tasted before, and it's pretty good. However, if your not up for trying the ice/custard combo, you can go simple and have either the custard or the ice on its own.

What we would change: It doesn't seem like quite as comfortable of a place to sit and eat with your toddler as some places. I think this is the case for a lot of ice cream stores. There's not a whole lot of seating, but it still doesn't seem like a place where its safe or acceptable to just let your toddler roam.

Website and other important information: Rita's is located at the intersection of Hwy 751 and Hwy 54 is South Durham near Southpoint mall in a Harris Teeter shopping center.

Website: http://www.ritasfranchises.com/stores/store.cfm/Hope%20Valley%20Commons-27707/store/1099

Hours: Monday-Sunday 12pm-9pm

Photos:

3 comments:

Meg said...

thanks for the blog...it has been a lifesaver on so many days!

Nicole said...

Hi y'all!
Hey great blog! Excellent job!
Last September I had the idea to start a blog about kid-friendly adventures in Durham, and at the time I reserved the url durhammom.blogspot.com. Since then I've accumulated a whole folder of photos and notes, but no way could I outdo what you already did! But instead of doing my thing, could I submit to you? I'd be glad to share what I've already accumulated, I could just e-mail you my stuff as it goes along. It would a whole lot less overwhelming for me, too. Thanks!

The Stir Crazy Moms said...

Hi!
Thanks so much for your comments! I'm so glad the blog has been helpful for you. Please let us know if there's anything else we can add.

Nicole--We'd love to have your help! Any additional input is always appreciated. You can e-mail me any information at katyleigh66@yahoo.com, or you can e-mail me posts written in the format we use.

Thanks again!
-Katy (one of the Stir Crazy Moms)

Google Ads