Friday, February 17, 2012

Food Truck Friday: Boxcarr Farm's Food Truck (Local In Motion)


The weekend is here!  With the weekend comes another Food Truck Friday!  Thanks to Katie from Southern Part of Heaven for another great find.  Sounds delicious!





Farm to Fork?  How about Farm to Truck?


Last week, a twitter follower gave me a tip on a new food truck from Boxcarr Farms:  Local in Motion.  After checking out their online menu, I went to get a taste for myself! Oh, am I glad I did.  In fact, I've already invited friends and family to join me for a delicious lunch this week, in, yes, you got it, a parking lot--because the food is just that good! 


I had the warm goat cheese sandwich with roasted red peppers and caramelized onions, and the sweet potato farm fries.  I think they should rename it Warm Goat Cheese Perfection!  it was phenomenal!  and now that I have had their sweet potato farm fries, I may never be able to cook those frozen sweet potato fries I bought at the supermarket again.  I am officially spoiled!  


While it isn't cheap in a fast food sense, the prices seem reasonable for amazing, locally sourced, farm to truck food (which is from their farm, or other local farms).   I paid $7 for the sandwich and $3 for the fries, but I think the food was enough for two.  My husband thinks it was enough for one--so I guess it depends on how hungry you are.   Suffice it to say, it was a lot of food.   The only price that seemed a little high was $2.00 for a can of diet coke (no one said they made the drinks), but in all fairness, I knew exactly how much it would be before I bought it, and they did have other drinks which would seem reasonably more expensive than the diet coke.  Besides, you'd likely pay that much in a restaurant.  and really, let's face it, this sleep deprived Mommy might have even paid more for the caffeine at that very moment.  


Here's another plus--no cash, no worries!  They can run your credit card! 


Here's to Farm Fresh Food Truck Local in Motion!  


Here is what you need to know: 


Local in Motion by Boxcarr Farms
http://z-indexproductions.com/testSpace/boxcarr/foodtruckMenu.htm
 

No comments:

Google Ads