Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Birthdays at Bull City Craft

What it is: Bull City Craft is a craft store that also offers activities for all ages, including drop-in crafts and playcraft. We've always had fun crafting there, and are limited for space at home, so we booked it for my daughter's 3rd birthday party. They provide space, decorations, plates/cups/napkins/utensils, and the activity, which can be tailored to the child and the guests, plus 1 1/2 hours of time (or 2 hours for older kids) for the craft and refreshments.
What we liked: We had a wonderful time! And so did our guests! And it was so easy! And the price was reasonable! We worked with Jessica, the co-owner, to come up with a party plan that would keep a group of 3-year-olds happy for about 45 minutes of crafting time, and ended up with beaded bracelets and mix-your-own playdough. She also provied crayons to color on the paper that was covering the table. My daughter loved both crafts and, from what I saw, so did the other kids--whose personalities are quite diverse. A store employee helped out the whole time, which really made the transitions from one activity to the next quite easy. There was even a comfy couch for parents to hang out on if they wanted to. And each child got to take home their bracelet, the playdough they mixed, and a balloon. In addition, my daughter got to bring home a personlized canvas that each child traced their handprint onto during the party.
What we didn't like: Honestly, I don't think I'd change anything. I supposed I could see this as more of a girly party than a boyish party as kids get older, but even then I bet Jessica could come up with something that everyone would enjoy.
Information:
Photos:  


(The birthday party setup)

No comments:

Google Ads