Sunday, August 28, 2011

Jared The Galleria of Jewelry

I was so excited when I found this!  I think it's one of the most fun hidden treasures that we've found, so enjoy!

What it is: Most people have seen the commercials or the storefronts for Jared's.  It's a great place to go to for beautiful jewelry.  Not a place I get to shop in very often, but they have very beautiful things.  I recently received a ring for a gift, and I needed to head somewhere to get it sized and appraised, so I headed to Jared's.  I had to bring both my one and three year old sons, and I didn't know how it would go to bring both of them into a fancy jewelry store.  We headed in and immediately we were greeted by a very friendly salesperson.  She looked at us and immediately ushered us over to the kids' area!  That's right, Jared's has a kids' area!  They had a separate room with a TV playing a movie, a video game TV, a climbing area, toys, and a picnic table.  What a great idea!  The kids played happily while I got all of my ring sizing taken care of and even looked in some of the pretty display cases.

What we liked:  We thought this was a brilliant idea!  This gives you the opportunity to fulfill all of your fancy jewelry shopping needs, even with your kids present.  No excuses for your significant other to not go jewelry shopping...the kids can come!  While I still don't anticipate shopping there everyday, I think this was a very nice innovation for a store that is typically thought of as one of the least kid-friendly type of stores.


What we would change:  Of course, it's not a kids' play area, it's a nice jewelry store.  You must still keep an eye on your kids.  There's no door on the kids' area, so they're not completely contained. 


Website and other important information:  

Website: http://www.jared.com

Address: 6813 Renaissance Center at Southpoint, 6813 Fayetteville Rd. Ste. 104, Durham NC 27713 

Hours: M-S 10AM-9PM, Sun NOON-6PM   

2 comments:

cindy said...

i like that article so much. that article is awesome. thanks

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Google Ads