Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Drum Lessons with Russell Lacy

What it is: Durham Drum Lessons w/ Russell Lacy- perfect for all ages. Russell has two studios- one in Carrboro and one in Durham. My son is only three, but enjoys banging on his drum set at home. We were excited for the opportunity to work with a professional!

What we liked: Russell is a talented musician and is great with children. He works with a variety of ages, but he knew how to make things simple and positive and FUN for my little guy. Step by step, patiently using repetition (as well as high fives;), Russell was able to teach my three year old how to: properly hold drum sticks, drum using alternating arms, include counts- 1, 2, 3, 4 as well as 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and, repeat rhythms, learn names of various drums, and even jam a bit on an adult sized drum set! All within 30 minutes- an impressive accomplishment with any toddler!

What we would change:
Honestly, I was completely happy with his lesson! If you have lots of questions (like I always do:) I would encourage asking before (if you can arrive early or call/email ahead) or after session. I found myself taking up a few minutes of my son’s lesson...oops!!

Website and other important information:

Website: http://russelllacymusic.com/

Address: For Durham drum lessons his studio is located by Duke’s east campus very close to the corner of Markham and Broad Streets (1805 W.Markham Street, 27705).
               For Carrboro drum lessons my studio is right next to the Music Loft on Main Street.

Phone: 919-491-0911

Cost: $25 for 30 minutes, $37.50 for 45 minutes, and $50 for 60 minutes.

Photos:


 


1. Russell poses for a picture




 2. Russell instructs his young pupil




No comments:

Google Ads