Sunday, June 9, 2013

Twig

What it is:  So, last week I needed to get a baby present for one of my friends.  I had heard about Twig in the Village Plaza Shopping Center off Elliot Rd. in Chapel Hill near Whole Foods but had never stopped by.  This gave me the perfect opportunity to go check it out.  The only drawback on this shopping endeavor was that I had both of my boys with me. Preschool boys and small shops don't usually get along.

However, we had a great time in Twig.  It is an eco-friendly shop that offers something for everyone in the family.  In front of the large baby and toy section in the back they had all kinds of other eco-friendly items from kitchen wares to jewelry to clothing and even chocolate.  It was great fun to browse.

Oh, but back to those little preschoolers I had following me around.  Twig even had a large wooden marble run on one of the tables, so the kiddos were able to play with that and stay completely occupied while I had the chance to shop.  I did have to continually remind them to make sure the marbles didn't roll off and around the store, but I actually did have time to look around.

The kids section was filled with all manner of toys, with an especially large section of those great colored wood baby toys.  The actual baby section was small, but they had lots of great organic items from clothing to pacifiers to stuffed animals.

So, I walked out with a great little baby gift that they wrapped for me and two new water bottles for my kiddos.  Plus, when we left, the kids were happy and hadn't broken anything.  All in all, it was a successful shopping trip, and I'll definitely be heading back to Twig!

What we liked:  I liked their focus on eco-friendly items of all times.  Plus, the inclusion of a toy for the kids to play with made it a much more pleasurable shopping experience.

What we would change:  Since it is a small store and has a little bit of everything, they may not have exactly the item that you are looking for.  But, I bet they will have something else equally interesting if you head over to check it out.

Website and other important information:

Website: http://www.twigliving.com/

Address: Village Plaza 99 S. Elliot Rd., Chapel Hill, NC 27514

Hours: Monday-Friday 10am-7pm, Saturday 10am-6pm, Sunday Noon-6pm

Photos:  


(the kids section at Twig)


(the storefront)


No comments:

Google Ads