Sunday, September 15, 2013

Refectory Cafe

What it is: Well, you already know how much this Stir Crazy Mom likes to eat and find kid-friendly places with good food.  A little while ago, we heard about Refectory Cafe opening on Chapel Hill Blvd. on a street crowded with other fabulous, fresh restaurants including Guglhupf and Fosters, and we were really excited because we heard they had great, fresh food.  So, we headed in and looked at their menu at the door.  We actually turned around and headed out because we didn't think they would be kid-friendly enough.

However, this mom doesn't give up on good food that easily.  My husband went back for a work meal on his own and confirmed that the food was excellent. So, I was determined to give it another try.  So, I looked over their online menu and decided that we could probably take the kids back.  I'm definitely glad we did!  There were even additional items on the menu that I didn't see online and lo and behold-at the bottom of the menu there was an item for kids.  Woo hoo!

So, my husband had the eggs benedict, I had the ham and cheese with creamy tomato soup, and the kiddos both had the kids' brunch plate which included scrambled eggs, a biscuit with butter and jam, a piece of melon, and a piece of bacon.  We also split a berry smoothie for them.  Everyone devoured their food and it was fresh and delicious.  Refectory Cafe prides itself in being, "Slow Food, fast with Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Low Carb, or Low Fat selections available daily", and they definitely did have lots of options available.  While I just checked them out for brunch, my husband said their lunch menu was equally, if not more, enticing.

What we liked:  Their food is really good.  I would definitely go back to sample more that they had to offer.  Plus, they had picnic tables for outdoor seating to enjoy beautiful weather like we had this weekend.  I like how they did think to have a kids' options.

What we would change: As I said, there's only one kids' item on the brunch menu, but there were several other items that I thought the kids might enjoy like their muffins and other delicious baked items.  Plus, the picnic tables outside are right next to the parking lot so you have to be careful with roaming kiddos.

Website and other important information: 

Website: http://www.bonvivantcatering.com/

Address: 2726 Chapel Hill Blvd, Durham, NC

Hours: Monday-Friday: 7:30am-8pm, Saturday and Sunday: 9am-3pm

Photos: 


(yummy meals for our boys)


(My husband's eggs benedict-how yummy does this look?)


(a view of the interior)


(A view from the parking lot)

No comments:

Google Ads