Thursday, April 10, 2014

Elite Dance Studio

What it is: This past weekend I had a chance to take my twins to Elite Dance Studio (located near Brier Creek) for their spring open house where they had bounce houses and offered FREE dance classes.  We attended the Pre Ballet/Tap for 3-4 year olds where all the little ones were encouraged to wear tutus :)  

Elite dance serves children from 16 months old and up. Their dance variety includes Jazz, hip hop, cheer, ballet, and tap.  The spring open house catered to parents like myself who probably are interested but unsure if their child would be willing or able to handle an instructional dance class. All my suspicions were put to rest as my kids and I both enjoyed the open house.  After meeting the owner, Ms. Crystal, I was assured that she and her staff are more than capable of handling a room full of little ones and teaching them the basics of dance.

What we loved: The free classes are a great way to test the waters before purchasing 6-8 weeks sessions for your kids. Most importantly, the rates are very affordable ranging from $60-$80 for 6-10 week classes ($60 bucks for a 10 week class----you can't beat that!), and $70-$150 for week long summer camps. So far these rates are the best I have seen in Durham!

What we would change:  The spring open house was a hit, so much so that every class was packed, and kids in their tutus and ballet/tap shoes were everywhere. My kids were distracted a lot by the bounce house (what kid wouldn't be), and almost missed their class because they just wanted to bounce around.

Website and other important information:

Address: 2228 Page Rd., Suite 102, 27703

Check out the rates, biographies and other information on the website.

Photos: 





No comments:

Google Ads