Sunday, October 26, 2014

William's Gourmet Kitchen

What it is:  I've been eyeing William's Gourmet Kitchen nestled at the intersection of Hwy. 54 and Hwy. 55 since it opened not too long ago.  However, since its hours are limited I hadn't been able to stop by yet.  A few weeks ago, my son and I were finally able to stop by when we met my husband for work.

When we arrived at lunch hour, the restaurant was packed.  We snagged the last spot in the parking lot (but don't worry, there's plenty of parking in nearby attached lots).  There were lots of people sitting both inside and outside enjoying their meals.  We headed in where we ordered at the counter.  Their menu was so big that I felt like I didn't have enough time to look over all of their delicious options from breakfasts to burgers to sandwiches, soups, and salads.  Everything sounded delicious.  The one negative was that I didn't see a kids menu.  However, when we got up to the counter, I asked the cashier if they had any kids options and they did have several including grilled cheese, ham and cheese sandwich, and quesadillas.

My husband and I each picked out a sandwich.  I got mine with a side they call "angry mac and cheese" and it was delicious.  My husband ordered the Philly cheesesteak and I ordered a turkey and cranberry sandwich.  You could tell that they really put time and care into their ingredient.  Each item on the sandwich was fresh and well made.  In writing this post, I was looking over their menu again and can't wait to go back to try something else.  Maybe next time I'll head back and check out their breakfast menu.

What we liked:  We loved the quality of their food.  Everything we tried was delicious.

What we would change:  Their hours are a little restricted because they are not open for dinner on Saturday and are completely closed on Sunday.  However, if you can find a weekday time free, it's definitely worth it.

Website and other important information:

Website: http://williamsgk.com/

Address: 2114 East Hwy. 54, Durham, 27713

Hours: Monday-Friday: 7am-8pm, Saturday: 7am-3pm

Photos:


(the kids' meal-we added the fruit on.)


(my meal with the angry mac)


(my husband's Philly cheesesteak)


(The view of the counter from our seat)

No comments:

Google Ads