Sunday, November 16, 2014

Benetis

What it is:  Down in South Durham (SoDu), I'm always looking for great breakfast stops.  There are a few, but they seem to be harder to find than they are in other parts of Durham.  Recently, I heard about another stop that has been around for a while, only 5 minutes away from my house, but we had never checked it out.

So, last weekend, our family headed out to Sunday brunch at Benetis.  It's located in the Greenwood Shopping Center, home of the South Durham Farmers Market on Saturdays.  It is advertised as a Greek restaurant, but I only saw a few Greek items on the menu.  While we didn't get any of the Greek items, we did find some delicious breakfast treats.

They had a kids menu filled with waffles and pancakes, etc.  The boys wanted waffles and we even paid a little extra to get their specialty toppings (strawberries and chocolate chip for my kiddos).  The kids' meal also comes with sausage or bacon and their choice of eggs.  My husband tried one of their numerous skillets while I tried the scramble with ham, bacon, eggs, cream cheese, and other assorted deliciousness.  Their service was a little slow but not too bad, and the food was very tasty.  Plus, unlike nearby Brigs, there wasn't any wait when we headed over about 11am on Sunday.  We will definitely be back for a great neighborhood breakfast.

What we liked:  The food was great, the prices were very reasonable, and it's right around the corner for those of us in SoDu.

What we would change:  As I said, the service was a little slow, but nothing that really bothered us.

Website and other important information:

Website: http://www.benetisrtp.com/

Address: 5410 Highway 55, Durham, NC

Hours: Open Daily 7am-2pm

Photos:  


(my yummy scramble)


(My son's strawberry waffle, eggs, and bacon.  Sorry, I cut up the waffle into bite size pieces and added ketchup before I took the picture.)

No comments:

Google Ads