Saturday, January 31, 2015

The Boot

I've been meaning to write up this great little new Italian restaurant for a while.  It's a great casual spot for both adults and kids.

What it is:  The Boot is a new Italian restaurant that opened up just before Christmas in the old Local Yogurt spot off University Dr. next to Bull City Craft and across the street from Q-Shack and Nanatacos.  I have been there twice now, once with kids, once with some moms from preschool, and it was delicious both times.

I was surprised by how large the space was after having been to Local Yogurt many times.  The front is filled with long picnic tables and the rest of the restaurant is filled with these and some booths.  It's nice and quiet and has a very Durham sort of vibe.

The menu is small, and the food is tasty.  The ravioli is currently the only pasta that is homemade, but I was told that they hope to add other homemade pastas in the future.  The first time I tried a farfalle with peas and ham and the second time I tried the homemade ravioli.  They were both delicious and the portion was reasonable.  It wasn't so big that I felt overstuffed.  There was no kids' menu, but when I was there with my kids they had garlic bread and pasta with parmesan and butter which my kids scarfed down.

What we liked:  I liked the casual atmosphere and good food.  It was a great place for my whole family, and it was a great place where I could go with other adults to talk.  We will definitely be back.

What we would change:  Some people have commented that prices are a little high for what they received, but I didn't think they were too bad.  In addition, on a busy weekend, parking in their lot can be a little tricky, but we were able to find spots both times.

Website and other information:

Website: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Boot/685656744834186http://www.thebootdurham.com/

Address: 2501 University Dr, Durham

Hours: Monday-Saturday: 11:30am-10pm

Photos: 


(my son's dish)


(my farfalle)


(my husband's sandwich)


(the view from the outside of the restaurant)

No comments:

Google Ads