Saturday, August 15, 2015

Impossibilities Magic Show - Best night ever!


So last night we headed to Common Ground theater for 
which promised a night of magic, mind-reading and mayhem. And believe me, they delivered! With a combined 40+ years in the art of magic, Chris Collins and Erik Dobell have traveled from Las Vegas to South Korea performing their award winning shows for audiences and companies such as the NFL, Sony Electronics, and Carnival Cruise Lines. It was my turn to see what it's all about!

"a dynamic duo with a warm, friendly and all around dazzling show" - Jeff Messer, Mountain Xpress


The show was at Common Ground theater on Hillsborough Road, and it's a great venue, no bad seats in the house and locally owned. (Did I mention reasonably priced refreshments, beer and wine??) I'll definitely be back. 





The stage was set with mysterious blue lights and the excitement palpable. At last they came out, and got the audience warmed up immediately. 


Erik Dobell AKA the "mind invader" got started with an amazing first trick, which I obviously can't tell you about or it'd ruin it. People were laughing, intrigued and amazed. My son, who is almost 7 was loving it, eyes open with awe. There were plenty of other kiddos and teens there as well as adults of all ages, all equally enjoying themselves.


I've seen a couple magic shows in my day, and I gotta tell you this one, where we were up close and personal with two really engaging performers was the best. Oh, and did I mention that my lovely family volunteered me for a stunt with Chris Collins AKA the magical comedian? Oh wow, was it fun being on stage as part of the show! 


The show was 1.5 hours long - a real deal if you ask me, and impressively full of tricks and gags. There was an intermission halfway through, proceeded by an amazing act. I was pretty entranced by the show, so much that I couldn't take any more pics than this, and again, I can't ruin anything for you by telling you any details, but honestly, this show is worth every penny. It's a welcome change of pace from dinner and a movie, 
and leaves you thinking "HOW DID THEY DO THIS??" 

Here's the best part - there are still two shows this weekend, a matinee and evening show tomorrow, Sunday the 16th - but they're selling out fast, so get your tickets now at http://www.impossibilitiesshow.com/tour-dates--tickets.html.

Believe me, if you see only one magic show in your life, THIS IS ONE YOU CAN'T MISS!

FTC disclosure: The Impossibilities Show gave me free tickets in exhange for this post post. They also gave tickets to the blog to be used in a giveaway for a reader. No endorsement was promised and all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Google Ads