Thursday, June 3, 2010

Margie's Hummus

One of the hardest things to get my child to eat is any source of protein. He's not a big fan of meat of any kind except for the occasional hot dog or chicken nugget. So, I'm always looking for ways to get protein in him. Hummus is one of the best ways that I've found. However, the store-bought varieties are expensive, so we had to find a way to make some. This recipe was given to me several years ago by one of my friends, it's some of the best hummus I've had, and it's really easy to make.

Ingredients:

*3 cans chick peas, drained
*1/4 C. soy sauce
*1/4 C. lemon juice
*1/8 C. tahini (This ingredient is a little expensive, but you can buy it once and use it for a long time.)
*1 tsp. cumin
*1 tsp. minced garlic
*1/4 tsp. red pepper
*1/4 C. canola oil
*1/2 C. water (more to make creamier hummus)
*Lemon zest can also be added if desired.

Mix all in food processor. Add more oil if needed.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Google Ads