Hello Deal Diggers:
I hope many of you had a great weekend yard saling. I was unable to get out there but I am certainly looking to next weekend, particularly some of the neighborhood sales. I wanted to provide you with a couple of tips to increase your success when hitting the hoods. Remember, time is your biggest enemy. The early bird really DOES get the worm so if you are looking for popular items, get out there early. One way to do this is to not lolly gag around at sales that aren't for you. I think of emergency brake on, lock the car and prepare to spend a lot of time there. The bottom line is that you want to spend your time wisely. Make your deals and move on. Preparing the night before by ensuring you have cash on hand will save you time. A breakfast on-the-go will also save time. Knowing your route is helpful and choosing the sales with the highest probability of success based on what you are looking for will come with experience.as falling into one of four categories. Is it a (a) slow down and drive by sale (b) stop but stay in your car and look (c) get out and make a quick one minute "once thru" or (d) put the
Here are some noteworthy sales for:
1) COMMUNITY YARD SALE AT THE TOWNHOUSES AT CHANCELLORS RIDGE IN DURHAMto noon. TAKE I-40 to exit 274 HIGHWAY 751 EXIT. GO 2.2 MILES TOWARDS JORDAN LAKE & MAKE A LEFT ON HIGHER LEARNING DRIVE. #100-120 HIGHER LEARNING DRIVE WILL HAVE A TON OF STUFF FOR SALE. MAKE SURE TO GO TO THE TOWNHOUSES (PAST THE HOUSE DEVELOPMENT PORTION)!
2) The annual Mothers of Multiples Sale is maternity clothes. They ask that you bring a bag or basket to shop with.as well. This is a popular sale that will get busy. They have baby/toddler clothes, accessories and equipment as well as
Here are the details:
at Hillsong Baptist Church at
3) Pay attention! **Starts** and it is in Raleigh
4952 Trotter Drive, Raleigh, 27603
This will be a great yard sale! I have sooo much stuff...from 4 kids to just love to shop and have accumulated too much stuff and need to make room in the house for growing kids. There will be lots of nice boy clothes from size 5-7; lots of baby items...baby girl clothes, exersaucer, jumeroos, swings, johnny jumpers, bouncy seat, and lots more related; an entire living room suite...couch, chair, chase lounge, end tables, coffee table, lamps, rug; toddler basketball goal and many toys; lots of general household items and the list goes on and on.I will continue to update these listings as the week progresses.
4) Five Moms are coming together to have 1 BIG yard sale. The sale will be Hope Valley Farms.and from 7-12. The sale will be held at 507 Ascott Way in
5) Downing Creek Mothers' Club Fall Sale, Saturday, September 25, 2010, 7:30am-10:30am (rain or shine) off of Downing Creek Parkway in Chapel Hill
Good Quality, gently used: Baby equipment, toys, books, and DVD/videos; baby, children, and maternity clothes
Downing Creek is on Hwy 54 between Barbee Chapel Rd. and Farrington Rd. From I-40, take exit 273, Hwy 54 toward Chapel Hill. Follow signs to Downing Creek entrance and to sale in the neighborhood.
6) Kidswap Consignment Sale this Saturday at First Baptist Church in Butner
Our sale is open and FREE to the public between the hours of 8:30am – 12:00pm on the day of the sale. Anyone is invited, so please share this information with your friends, relatives, neighbors or co-workers that shop for children!
If you wish to shop before we open to the public, we hope that you will consider becoming a "Power ", by consigning 25+ items to the sale. Alternatively, as an "early bird", you may enter 30 minutes before we open to the public at 8:00am by making a $5.00 donation.
7:30am – 8:30am - "Power Consignors" shop before sale opens to public
8:00am – 8:30am - "Early Bird" shopping for $5.00 donation
8:30am – 10:30am - Sale opens to the public, FREE admission.
10:30am – 11:00am – Doors closed to organize for ½ price sale.
11:00am – 12:00pm – ½ Price Sale (only on items tagged in black ink – items tagged in red ink will not be discounted)
7) This is turning out to be a VERY busy yard sale day. The Woodcroft Community is having their annual at the clubhouse. This is on Woodcroft Pkwy closer to 751 (Hope Valley Rd). I have been to this one several times over the years. I have found it to be mediocre.