Sunday, October 31, 2010

Super Cook

What it is:  This is one of my new favorite websites.  I come home many evenings and have certain ingredients that I don't know what to do with, or have things in my pantry but don't know how I'm going to turn them into a meal.  To help with this problem, one of the other Stir Crazy Moms pointed me to this website.  All you have to do is go to supercook.com.  Then, type in the ingredients that you have.  Supercook will search the entire internet and give you a list of the recipes that it finds that use those ingredients.  It will then ask if you have other ingredients that it feels will help you increase the list of recipes you can create.  You can search entrees, desserts, or appetizers, and you can keep a saved record of the ingredients that you have in your pantry by creating a free account. 

I've been having so much fun finding recipes that I can make with what I have.  Strawberries were on sale at our grocery store a few weeks ago.  So, I came home and searched for recipes that used strawberries.  I found a bunch that I could make that used strawberries and other ingredients that were in my pantry.  Perfect!

What we liked: We love that this site helps you work with that you have to make things you might not have otherwise.  It's easy to use and the webpage is simple to navigate.  It's also nice that they compile recipes from all over the internet instead of just one site.


What we would change: You have to be careful to check the recipe's actual ingredients after you find it because occasionally supercook will miss and ingredient in the recipe that you don't have. 

Website: http://www.supercook.com/

No comments:

Google Ads