Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Edible Markers

We haven't done a recipe in a while, and while this is not quite a recipe, it is something edible, so we thought we'd include it. 

What it is:  When my mother-in-law suggested I get some edible markers for my boys I thought she was absolutely crazy.  I was thinking of my 20 month old son that likes to put everything in his mouth and picturing him sticking a marker in his mouth-not the picture I wanted.  This however was not quite what she was talking about.

While you do not actually eat these markers, you use them to decorate things you eat like cookies.  Okay, now I was okay with the idea.  So, we headed to Michaels, looked in the cookie decorating aisle, and bought the markers.  We also bought some marshmallows and lollipop sticks.  Now, we had a quick and easy craft that the kids loved-I had to share. 

We gave our kids the marshmallows, stuck one on a lollipop skewer, and gave them the markers.  Then, their creativity took over.  They had such a great time with such a simple activity.  They decorated the marshmallows, perhaps munched a few, and had a great time.

What we liked: This is easy and different, and the kids had a lot of fun doing it.  We always like to pass along fun things that make life easier!  Plus, I'm sure that you could come up with all kinds of fun ways to use the markers.  Any ideas?

What we would change:  You just have to make sure to stress the point that these are special markers, they should not go around drawing on all of their food with regular markers or drawing on regular paper with these markers and eating it!

Photos:


 1. A masterpiece in progress


2. The markers

No comments:

Google Ads