Thursday, July 5, 2012

Defy Gravity

*Check out this great post about a new indoor play place from Stir Crazy Mom-Cleo.  I can't wait to check this one out!
Being 6-months pregnant with my second child and facing days of record breaking temps in the Triangle, my family and I decided to forego our usual Durham Bulls July 4th outing in favor of anything that could be done indoors. A friend from work told me about DefyGravity and recommended I take my toddler there ASAP to use up some of his boundless energy.

What it is: DefyGravity is 13,000 square foot facility just off Page Road (I-40) with wall-to-wall floor-mounted and angled wall trampolines, a giant foam pit, and a dodgeball cage. They have open play hours, special kids hours, family night, theme night, and an exercise class called GravityFit. They're also available for birthday parties and other celebrations.

What we liked: Lots of things! The space was new and clean, the staff was very friendly, and my son and husband had a blast bouncing on all the trampolines and leaping into the foam pit. We went during KidJump time, which they hold every weekday from 9 am - 12 pm (we went around 9:30 am). Tickets for kids 6 and under are $8 per hour and an accompanying adult jumps for free (my husband was all to happy to join my son while I sat on one of their comfy benches, took pictures, and read my Kindle). An hour was plenty of time - after 30 minutes both of my guys were sweating up a storm!

What we would change: It got pretty busy by 10:30 am with loads of teenagers and parents, so I recommend you go early, especially if you have young ones. Granted, we went on a national holiday, so it's probably different on regular days.

Website and other important information:  


Hours:

Monday - Thursday.......9 am - 9 pm
Friday - Saturday..........9 am - 11 pm
Sunday........................1 pm - 5 pm

Pricing:

1 hour flight ticket......$12
2 hour flight ticket......$20

Facebook Discount: check-in on Facebook and get $1 off for you and everyone in your group who you "tag".

GroupMath Discount: save money by bringing a group. Get $1 off for you and everyone in your group for every 10 people. Example: group of 20 = $2 off for everyone in the group.

Educational Discount: school classes of other educations organizations during the daytime get $1 off per jumper.

KidJump: special discount for kiddies every Monday-Friday 9 am - 12 pm. Ages 6 and under for only $8 per hour and accompanying adult jumps for free.

Family Night: Every Monday night from 6-9 pm is Family Night. Bring the whole family for $35 per hour (immediate family only).

Address (it took us about 20 minutes to get there from our location in Hope Valley / Woodcroft area):

DefyGravity
4300 Emperor Blvd, #250
Durham, NC 27703

Photos: 






No comments:

Google Ads