Sunday, August 5, 2012

Kids Everywear Consignment Sale: The Consignor's Experience

What it is: We have already posted on the Kids Everywear consignment sale.  It is a huge consignment sale that fills the Morrisville Outlet Mall twice a year.  Parents can buy clothes for kids and even some for adults, shoes, toys, books, and any other baby and kid gear you could imagine.  The selection is incredible and the prices are great.  I usually pick up most of my kids' wardrobe at these sales.

This year, I did something new.  This year, I was determined to start getting some of my boys' old clothes out of the attic.  So, I signed up to be a consignor.  Since I hadn't been able to speak to that part of the experience before, I wanted to tell you how it went.  It was a great way to get rid of all of those clothes, and I'm looking forward to getting a check in the mail, but it sure was a lot of work.

I had to register online, buy cardstock and print out all of my price tags, iron and hang all the clothes, and fill out all price tags and attach them to the clothes with cable ties or safety pins.  Since I had over 200 articles of clothing, this took a while! I didn't even get to the toys I wanted to sell (maybe in the spring).  Then, I took them all to the sale at the designated drop off time and hung them in their designated section.  When the sale is over I should receive 65% of the price the items were sold for minus an additional $10 for fees.

What we liked:  I liked the fact that I could get rid of so many of the clothes at once.  Since so many people go to the sale, the likelihood that the item will be seen and purchased is pretty good.  In addition, Kids Everywear is extremely organized.  They have pages of rules and regulations that you must read through before you consign.  You even have the option to let your items be discounted on the final days of the sale or not and to pick up your items that don't sell or donate them to charity.

What we would change: The only drawback of this sale is that consigning is a lot of work.  I would know when the sale dates are and start to prepare early because it will take you a lot of time.  Plus, make sure you read all of their pages of rules because there are a lot of them and you want to make sure you do everything right so you get your money at the end.


Website and other important information:

Website: http://www.kidseverywear.com/

Address: Morrisville Outlet Mall, 1001 Airport Blvd., Morrisville

2012 Public Sale Dates: August 10-13 (check website for exact times)

No comments:

Google Ads