Sunday, December 8, 2013

Chuy's

So, this post comes straight from the heart of the little transplanted Texas girl that I am.  I go home several times a year to visit my family, and every time I head home I have to eat as much Tex Mex food as I can.  In my opinion, you really can't get Mexican food that good outside of Texas, until now.

What it is: When we were in Dallas this time, we ate at Texas favorite, Chuy's.  It is a Tex Mex restaurant that started in Houston and grew from there.  While we were there we had a great meal-delicious margaritas, burritos coated in queso, jalapeno cream sauce, and delicious quesadillas for the kiddos. They even had a complementary push popsicle for the kiddos at the end of the meal.

While we were at Chuy's we starting asking about other locations.  They just happened to mention that a new location was opening up in, that's right, Raleigh, NC!!  So, this weekend we headed on over to the North Hills part of Raleigh to see if the authentically good Tex Mex could transfer out of Texas. The restaurant only opened up two weeks ago and much of the surrounding area was still under construction.  You need to park in the parking garage next door to the restaurant, but the garage was fairly empty and it was only a few steps from the restaurant.  The menu and chips and sauces were very true to the original (I love when a restaurant has good chips!), so we were hopeful.  Indeed, the meal did not disappoint...the food was every bit as good as I remembered in Texas, and I can't wait to go back whenever I am in the mood for a little Mexican deliciousness.

What we liked:  It's just good food, and it's the best take on authentic Tex Mex that I've found.  (And I consider myself an expert, HA!)  Don't forget to ask for the creamy jalapeno sauce to go with your chips---it's amazing!  They have a nice kids' menu with several different options that are not Mexican.  Plus, the popsicle at the end is a very nice touch.

What we would change: It's a bit of a drive to get all the way over to North Hills in Raleigh, but it's worth the drive!

Website and other important information:

Website: https://www.facebook.com/ChuysRaleigh

Address: 4020 Market at North Hills Street, Raleigh

Hours: Sunday-Thursday: 11am-10pm, Friday and Saturday: 11am-11pm

Photos: 


(the kids' menu with the creamy jalapeno dip)


(the cool hubcap ceiling that the kids loved looking at)


(my Tex Mex goodness-I couldn't wait for the picture to take a bite.)


(My husband's order)


(a view of the outside)

No comments:

Google Ads