Monday, September 1, 2014

Parkside Town Commons

What it is:  I don't know if anyone has seen if yet, but there's a great new shopping center that is being built at the intersection of Hwy 55 and I-540.  I know what you're thinking, that's in Cary!  None the less, I timed it from my house in S. Durham and it's only 9 minutes away-making it much closer than lots of other Durham shopping.

I did a little investigating to find out both what is open and what is going to open soon.  Right now in "Phase one" there's a brand new Harris Teeter, which is nice, but not very different than the existing ones.  There's also a brand new Target.  Other stores and restaurants open in Phase One include Tijuana Flats, Jersey Mike's, Massage Envy, Petco, and more.

They've been working hard on finishing "Phase 2" as well.  From what I heard there will be a movie theater complete with a bowling alley, a Field and Stream store, and lots of other smaller restaurants and stores.  One of those restaurants that I'm super excited about is Chuys.  This transplanted Texan was thrilled when I saw their logo on the Parkside Town Commons website.  Then, when we went to Chuy's last night they confirmed that they are opening on in Cary, slated to open in March.  So, hopefully, it will actually come to fruition and we will actually have a Chuys in this corner of the Triangle.

On a side note, there was also an article floating around that someone is building a Whole Foods somewhere at that intersection. It will be in another shopping center proposed for that intersection, but I'm not sure quite where.  Whole Foods would be another store that would be great to have in that part of town.  http://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/blog/real-estate/2014/07/whole-foods-market-planning-new-store-for-cary.html

What we liked:  We love having lots of new fun stores pop up so close to us.

What we would change: Of course, I would like the construction to be done so we can see how everything is going to turn out.

Website: http://parksidetowncommons.com/

Photos: 


(Pictures of phase two which is still in progress.  I took this picture a few weeks ago and it's amazing how much progress they have made since then.)


(The new Target)


(The new Harris Teeter)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The list I've seen includes:

Target
Harris Teeter
Golf Galaxy
Field & Stream
Chuy's (Tex-Mex restaurant!)
Tijuana Flats
Toby Keith's Bar and Grill
Taziki's Mediterranean Cafe
Panera Bread
Jersey Mike's
IT'SUGAR
PetCo

Kavita said...

I can't read any of the other stores opening on their site plan on the website. Do you which ones are opening?

Google Ads