Tuesday, October 5, 2010

World Market

What it is: Most of us know what World Market is.  It is a store selling all sorts of items with a global flair including furniture, international foods, dishware, wine, and countless other accessories.  However, you might be wondering why I would include it in this blog.  The other day, I found another "hidden "treasure", and I had to share it.

We had initially headed to the shopping center to pick up a little toy for my son as a special treat.  First, we headed to the toy store, but unfortunately, they didn't have anything small and inexpensive enough for our purposes.  I didn't have much time, so I was at a loss.  I couldn't leave without the goody for him or he would be upset, but I didn't know where to go.  I knew World Market had a little of everything, so I thought we'd check it out.  I asked the clerk if they had any small toys and she led me to a display in the back of the store.  It was just what we had been looking for!  There were countless bins of little toys such as balls, wind-up toys, slinkies, and lots of other fun goodies, and they were each priced under $5.  Now, I know right where to go the next time I need something little as a treat, stocking stuffer, etc. 

What we liked: We loved how they had such a selection of little goodies for such a reasonable price.  In addition, you can pick up some delicious chocolate or wine for yourself while your there, both of which they have a nice selection.

What we would change: It is not specifically a toy store or toy for kids, so you have to make sure to keep a close eye on your kids to make sure they don't get into something they shouldn't.


Website and other important information:

Website: http://www.worldmarket.com/home/index.jsp

Address: 6807 Fayetteville Road, Durham, North Carolina, 27713

Phone Number: (919) 405-2112

Hours: Monday-Friday 10am-9pm, Saturday 9am-9pm, Sunday 10am-7pm

Photos: 


1. The small but bountiful toy display

No comments:

Google Ads