Monday, November 4, 2013

Once Upon A Child

What it is: I love a good consignment store or sale.  Kids grow out of clothes or wear them out so quickly, it's a shame to pay full price for all of their clothes.  Plus, since they do grow out clothes/toys/etc. so quickly, it's always nice to be able to find a place to sell them easily and make a little money. 

We've searched out most of the consignment stores and sales in the area, but up to this point we had never made it all the way over to Cary to Once Upon a Child, even though many people had told us about it.  Well, today my boys were getting low on winter clothes that fit, so I made my way over.  Oh, to check out all of our other consignment store experiences check out this consignment store round up post.

It was about 25 minutes over to the store, so I wondered if it would be worth the drive.  However, once I headed in, there was plenty to choose from and the prices were great.  I would say that, while it didn't have the selection of some of the consignment sales, there seemed to be more clothes than are at some of the other area consignment stores.  They also had a pretty good selection of toys, baby gear, and books.  Oh, and I also noticed a fabulous little kiddie area next to the register.  While it was very small, there were lots of toys in there and very tall carpeted walls to keep your kiddos contained while you were checking out or discussing your consignment options.

While I checked out, I asked about their consignment policy.  Turns out they have a similar policy to Kid to Kid where you drop off your items, they give you a price based on a computer program, and pay you for the items they want all at once before they sell.  I always like this way of doing things.  The other nice thing is that you don't have to make an appointment.  You can simply drop off your items in the morning and pick up your money when they call.

What we liked:  I always love browsing at consignment stores because you can buy some treats for your kids and splurge a little but not break the bank.  I had so much fun looking over the books and games and picking out a few fun treats for the boys.

What we would change: As we said, Once Upon A Child is all the way over in Cary.  I'm happy to drive that far for some great deals though.  Also, the Once Upon a Child website mentions that one will be opening up soon in Durham, so hopefully we won't have to drive that far for long.

Website and other important information:

Website: http://www.onceuponachildcary.com/
 
Address: 253 Grande Heights Dr, Cary, 27513

Hours: Monday-Saturday: 9am-8pm, Sunday: 11am-5pm

 Photos:


(A view of all of the boys clothes I had to choose from)


(the storefront)

No comments:

Google Ads