Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Once Upon A Child-Durham

I have checked out the fabulous resale shop Once Upon a Child in Cary and realized what a great place it was to both drop off old clothes and kid gear and buy what you need at great prices.  Therefore, I was thrilled when I heard that Once Upon a Child was opening a store in Durham, right off of 15-501.  I couldn't wait to check it out!

What it is: Once Upon a Child is a childrens' clothing, toys, and gear resale shop.  They have several different locations including one that just opened up in Durham.  The Durham location just opened up off of 15-501 business in the shopping center with Target and Sam's.  It was a little tricky to find, so if you're looking for it, head to the opposite of the parking lot from Target in part of the office store building.

We headed on over one day, and when we first walked in the first thing that struck me was how many clothes they had in stock.  There's definitely more than at some other local consignment/resale stores, partially because they sell all seasons of clothing all the time.  They also had baby gear like strollers, bathtubs, potties, etc., bins and bins of shoes, books, and toys.  However, I noticed that they didn't have nearly as many toys, gear, and books as they did clothes and shoes.  Maybe that's because this is a new location and they are still collecting their inventory.

While I was there, I found a few great polo shirts for my rising kindergartener, and while I was paying I asked about their resale policies.  Apparently, they will take most kids clothes and gear except cribs, bedding, underwear, and maternity clothes.  As I said earlier, they take all seasons of clothing all year long which makes it a little easier for the seller.  You don't need an appointment to drop things off, just bring them by.  They will give you a time to come back.  When you come back, they will return all of the items that they did not accept and give you a cash offer for the others, easy as that.  Oh, they do ask that you put your clothing in a box when you bring it in because bags can break and clothes can get mixed up that way.

What we liked:  I always like resale shops because you can walk out with the money and not worry about it anymore.  You don't have to keep track of your items as they go through the consigning process.  I love their selection of clothes, and I love their new location right here in Durham!

What we would change:  As I said, they were a little low on their selection of toys and baby gear, but hopefully they will get more as they stay open.

Website and other important information:

Website: http://www.onceuponachilddurham.com/

Address: 4001 Durham-Chapel Hill Blvd, Durham, 27707

Hours: Monday-Saturday: 10am-8pm, Sunday: 12pm-5pm

Photos:


(lots of clothes!)


(their growing toy selection)


(what they need most)


(the outside view)

No comments:

Google Ads