Since there have been so many burger restaurants opening in Durham recently, we put a poll on the blog and asked you, our readers to vote for your favorite burger stop in Durham. So, here's the results:
1. Only Burger-By beating out the next closest restaurant by less than one percent, with 37% of the vote, Only Burger was your favorite burger place in town. Starting as a food truck and opening up a brick and mortar spot a few years ago. They keep their menu simple and serve delicious burgers, and lucky for us, they're just about to open another spot down near the Durham Bulls ball park.
2. Bull City Burger and Brewery-Coming in a very close second place with 36% of the vote was Bull City Burger. Their restaurant is in Downtown Durham, and they pride themselves in using quality ingredients. They say that absolutely everything is made in house except the ketchup.
3. Zinburger-In third place with 13% of the vote is a new burger stop that recently opened up at Southpoint Mall. They specialize in serving gourmet burgers, shakes, and wine.
4. Mattie B's and Town Hall Burger-Tied for fourth place with 8% of the vote each are Mattie B's and Town Hall Burger and Beer. Both restaurants serve burgers and beer to the residents of South Durham. While Town Hall is primarily burgers, Mattie B's has a variety of other menu items including pizza and gourmet potato chips.
5. Smashburger-The newest burger place on the list came in at 5th place with 3% of the vote. Smashburger makes delicious burgers, veggie burgers, and chicken using their smash technique and serves them to their burgers to patrons near Duke Hospital.
With all of the burger places in the Bull City, you really can't lose, so take your family, head on out, and have a burger!
Oh, and check out the blog sidebar for our latest poll-favorite area fall activity